On August 16, 2020 the Suncoast Blues Society proudly announces its new website at Suncoastblues.org
The Board of Directors has been aware of the need to update its social media presence and manage its membership list for quite some time.
The board also recognized that redesigning and managing a website that includes an eCommerce system (Memberships) was necessary but beyond the board’s ability.
Thus, began the search to identify a technology partner within the Tampa Bay community that would work with us to accomplish this. We chose to partner with West Bay Media Group (WBMG) for this huge undertaking. WBGM’s CEO and founder is none other than local blues bass man Tom “T-Bone” Hamilton and he has been working with us non-stop for the past 5 months!
Our Content Committee, which includes Terri O’Brien, Lafayette Reid, Bill Hubbard, Robert D’Angelo and our tech guru and fearless leader Scott Morris, spent too many hours to count, designing and testing the new site – it has been a crash course in technology for many of us!
And we are not stopping here – additional enhancements are in the works that include an updated local band list, CD-reviews, Community Outreach programs, more blues interviews, and a refresh of the Facebook site.
The Board wishes to thank other folks that helped along the way – we could not have accomplished this without you!!
- Rick Hart for getting us started on this project
- Franc Robert for his creative and timely graphic work
- Local blues front man Dooner Manross for graciously agreeing to share his image with the blues world (check out “The Dooner Banner”)
- Karl Hastings for his precision email migration
- William Tillis for consulting with us along the way
- Ken Torvik for helping us with historical background
- George Willett, our beloved retired board member, for helping with the transition
This has been, and continues to be, a HUGE project that has been in the works for the past 2 years, so we hope that you are as pleased as we are!
We would love your feedback – if you have suggestions, ideas or questions send an email to BluesNews@suncoastblues.org, and show your support thru your membership at https://suncoastblues.org/membership
We sincerely hope our Blues Fans will enjoy our efforts and join our group that believes in the healing power of the Blues.